Easter is all about chocolate and sweet treats and every Easter you’ll find me making something sweet and chocolatey, I’m sure it’s not just me who loves baking some treats round Easter right? I thought i’d share with you 3 quick and easy recipes I’ve tried this time round and that maybe you could try to.
Creme egg fairy cakes (12)
- 150g unsalted butter, softened
- 125g self raising flour
- 25g cocoa powder
- 150g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 12 mini creme eggs (frozen)
- 6 large creme eggs (frozen for topping)
- 200g icing sugar (for the buttercream)
- 100g unsalted butter, softened (for the buttercream)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Whisk all the ingredients for the cake (except the mini creme eggs)in a large mixing bowl.
- Spoon the mixture into cake cases and pop a frozen mini creme egg into each one.
- Bake for 10-15 mins.
- Once cooked, mix the icing sugar and the remaining butter together, add to a piping bag and pipe the buttercream onto the cakes once cooled.
- Place a halved creme egg on top and your ready to go.
Creme egg rocky road
- 16 mini creme eggs (halved)
- 150g rich tea biscuits (bashed)
- 250g milk chocolate
- 120g dark chocolate
- 140g unsalted butter
- 4tbsp golden syrup
- 50g mini marshmallows
- Melt the milk and dark chocolate together with the butter and golden syrup.
- Set aside 150ml of the melted chocolate for later.
- Add the bashed biscuits to the main mixture along with the marshmallows and half of the creme eggs and mix together.
- Spoon the mixture into a baking tray lined with baking paper and spread evenly and make sure you press down firmly.
- Now add the remaining melted chocolate and spread it out. Place the rest of the halved creme eggs on top and put in the fridge to set.
- Once set , cut into slices and your ready to go.
- 50g milk chocolate
- 180g dark chocolate
- 200g white chocolate
- mini eggs
- Easter sprinkles
- Melt the milk and dark chocolate in a bowl and melt the white chocolate in a separate bowl.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Spread the milk and dark chocolate in an even layer across the baking paper.
- Spoon on the white chocolate and using a cocktail stick or a skewer swirl patterns into the chocolate mix until you’re happy.
- Add the sprinkles and mini eggs.
- Place in fridge to set.
What do you love most about Easter?