Most of us love a good Terry’s Chocolate Orange at Christmas, and with Christmas for me comes baking, So I’ve combined the two together… nothing new but a simple recipe to follow and create for all the chocolate lovers you know.
Chocolate Orange cakes
- 175g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 75g cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3tbsp butter, softened
- 300g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 tsp orange extract
- 250ml milk
- 110g butter, softened
- 170g icing sugar
- 55g cocoa powder, sifted
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C (gas mark 4) and line a cup cake baking tray with cake cases. (I chose these cute festive ones from Asda).
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt, then set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well. Then stir in the Orange extract.
- Alternately add the flour and milk and mix well.
- Fill the cup cake cases 3/4 of the way up and bake for 15 minutes or until springy when touched. Leave to cool.
- While the cakes are cooling beat the butter until soft.
- Add half of the icing sugar and mix until smooth. Add the remaining icing sugar, cocoa powder and 1 tbsp of milk and beat until smooth and creamy. (Add more milk if needed).
- Once the cakes are cold to the touch apply the buttercream…. i just smothered it on. Then for the finishing touch add a segment of Terry’s Chocolate Orange.
What is your favorite chocolate at Christmas?