How flippin cute are these pine cone elves? Such a cute addition to your Christmas decorations and a fun way to get crafty this December. I made some for my mum either last year or the year before and she loves them, this year she decided to pop them in her Christmas tree. I found this idea on Pinterest and thought it would be something fun to try.
Things you will need:
- Coloured felt
- cotton thread and needle
- mini bells
- small wooden balls
- scissors and pens
- Depending on how many elves you want to make (i’m going to go buy the 3 that i made) cut thee cone shapes tall enough and wide enough to fit around the small wooden balls. Cut three long pieces of felt suitable for scarfs, cut three heart/feet shapes for the elves feet .
- Blanket stitch the triangles/cone and sew a mini bell on top (this is the fiddly bit)
- Using the glue gun glue feet onto the bottom of the pine cones and glue the hats onto the wooden balls too. Draw on some dots for the eyes and add mouths if you wish.
- Glue the head onto the pine cone and then glue down the scarf into place.
- If your elves don’t stand you can add an extra layer of feet to help them stay upright.
If your a crafty person then you will love doing this.
Have you made any decorations this year?